Monday, May 21, 2007
Autism or Mercury Poisoning?
(K.C. with his Macaw Device at school. His teacher sent these home for his PECS photos over the Summer.)
On our way to catch the school bus this morning K.C. loves to help take the mail out of the box. Today in the mail I got some test results of the DMSA Treatment study from Jaunary 2006. K.C. had blood draws, many blood draws and was supposed to move on to the Chelation study but I stopped short of moving forward because I feared for his safety. What I got in the mail today was his blood draw results. Two of his tests came back as "abnormal." K.C. has Mercury in his system, it's at abnormal levels, it says Mercury I g A AB - 20 This one says abnormal levels. The other test is RBC TOTAL GLUTATHIONE 423 MicroM. There are papers explaining what Mercury and Glutathione are, they came with his results but they are very hard to understand. I am really worried and confused about it. I do not know where K.C. would have gotten Mercury from, where ever he got it, it can't be good right? I am racking my brain trying to figure it out, I keep wondering if he's just Mercury poisoned or Autistic if that makes any sense. We are going to see the Pediatrician to talk about his results. It's all very confusing.