Thursday, January 03, 2008

A New Year With My Boys





Happy New Year to everyone in the blogosphere. We are happy to be able to go into this New Year with you all by our sides. It is a journey and we love that we are able to share it with you all. I'd like to thank you all for reading about K.C. and Big Brother.

For those who may be new to this blog, K.C. is 6 1/2 years old and has Autism. Big Brother is 7 1/2 years old and NeuroTypical/Gifted.

Big Brother started back to school today and was glad to do so. K.C. had one ABA session then we had to hurry off to an occupational therapy appointment right after. He needed the OT session badly today. He has been lining up again, everything from our chairs to shoes to silverware. Boy oh boy does he get angry if I interfere with his lining up. His days away from school have really been tough on him. He loves for things to be the same and I think his lining up is his way of restoring routine. Now that the holidays are over, things should be much better.

Wishing you all a great 2008, thank you for joining us on this journey :)

11 comments:

Casdok said...

I love watching your journey!
They do need thier routines dont they?!!

Unknown said...

My kids (one of them 11yo, asperger's) are dying to go back to school.

Popping by via the Autism Ring.

kristi said...

TC had a rough time going back the first day. He told the bus driver to "Turn around!" (and go back to daycare!) But once he got to school, he was fine!

Donetta said...

Happy New Year. I hope that the normalcy helps. I has with mine for sure. I was concerned how they would transition but they are happy at school. Happy to be home after school too.

Lora said...

The boys are growing up so darn fast and they are so very handsome too. You have done such an awesome job with them, you should be very proud of yourself and of them too I suspect. May you find all that your heart desires in 2008 and always be surrounded by those you care for and love the most. I am so grateful to be a part of your life and that Griffin and I benefited so much from your unconditional love and compassion. You have made a big difference in our lives just by being so understanding all the time. Lots of love to all you guys, miss you bunches. Big big hugs!!

Niksmom said...

Happy New Year to you and both your boys! Here's hoping the back-to-school routine kicks in soon for KC and he relaxes a bit more.

A Bishops Wife said...

Sounds as though we are all getting back to the old grind. Hope things go well this new year.

Ange said...

I'm not sure who needs routine more, me or my boys! We have year round school with "cycle breaks." Lots of adjustment periods.

Love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

oh, happy new year to you, too! may this year bring many blessings to you and your boys.

JUST A MOM said...

hey you sorry I ma late commenting I have been here a few times,,, happy new eyar and I hope things are IN ORDER now for you and the boys.....

kristina said...

Happy Happy New Year! Hope things are settling down now that KC's back at school.