Friday, October 12, 2007

Zoo and Hiking





The boys and I went to the zoo last weekend. Big Brother had a good time, he really liked the Spider exhibit. My little guy loved walking and liked petting the goats. We also went hiking, there were Rams on the mountains and we watched them make their way up and down the mountain with ease.
The boys are on Winter break and go back to school on Monday. Since K.C. has been out of school he has been out of sorts. I know he misses the routines of school. He now has this obsession with shoes and taking them off peoples feet. As soon as someone walks through the door K.C. will make a frantic (and I mean frantic) beeline for your feet and take your shoes off. The sad part is he looks completely paranoid and frantic. He constantly watches to be sure no one has shoes on and it drives him nuts. Big Brother got kinda angry at K.C. over the whole shoe thing and refused to let K.C. take his shoes off. K.C. freaked out, hit his head and cried and cried. Big Brother hurried over to K.C. and offered him his feet but it was too late, he was in meltdown mode. I know I am not helping the situation by allowing K.C. to have his way and take every ones shoes off, but damn, I am not going to watch him hit his head on the floor over it either. I am hoping that when school starts again he'll forget about the shoes.
I took pictures of the boys at the zoo and in one of the photos K.C. is looking at Big Brother and Big Brother is thrilled! He started shouting, "look mom he's looking at me, he does love me!" I haven't seen Big Brother's face light up like that in a very long time. It sure made our day and I felt so happy for Big Brother :)
I nearly forgot to mention, have you noticed how Big K.C. is getting? I have got to get this kiddo some more exercise, the Risperdal is making him chunky again.

11 comments:

Lora said...

So glad to hear that the boys are doing well and loved going to the zoo, it has been such a long time since I have taken Griffin to the zoo. You are such a great mommy because you give so much to the boys and are always taking them places and constantly taking them out into the world to learn and explore so much. I think that it is cool that Big Brother is so interested in spiders, he is such an inquisitive young guy who loves to learn and expand his horizons. K.C. and the shoe thing may seem strange but perhaps he will get it all out of his system before school starts back. If not then maybe his teacher or O.T. might have some answers for you as to why he does it and how to curb him of doing it. We love you all dearly and I will now write you a letter. Hugs!!!!!

Niksmom said...

That is so sweet about KC and big brother looking at each other. I totally understand the magnitude of that moment! :-)

And for the shoes? Hey, you pick your battles, right?

gettingthere said...

Beautiful photo of the two boys together. Do tell big brother that K.C. loves him, with or without eye contact. So the poor guy was feeling unloved all this time? As for K.C. and the shoe obsession, that too shall pass.

Um, I did think he looked rather large compared to his big brother. More hiking, anyone?

KC's Blog said...

Yep, bigger feet and heavier by far. Definitely see more hiking in the near future :)

JUST A MOM said...

tha tis so cool about him looking at big brother how sweet....


ok so where did you live or go for white castles?????

Casdok said...

How lovely for Big Brother.
Risperdal made my son loose weight!

mysamiam said...

Those transitions with school breaks are hard on our kiddos. My heart ached for Big Brother waiting for that eye contact. How beautiful is that.

On to Risperdal. Sam has had a hard time too. He has gained almost 9 pounds since February. He had a little room to spare before, but I am worried. We have needed to increase the dose, but have delayed it because we are watching the weight. One trick our doc has us doing, is we are giving him his morning and bedtime dose all in the AM to help him through the day better, so we don't have to increase mg. We too are trying to get as much exercise before winter hits.

Loved your pics. Thanks so much for sharing.

A Bishops Wife said...

I know I am not helping the situation by allowing K.C. to have his way..."
I am guilty of this too.

"Big Brother is thrilled! He started shouting, "look mom he's looking at me, he does love me!"

This is just adorable!!!!

Melinda said...

Great photos!

Donetta said...

Hello, Lady. The boys are so awesome as are you! How delightful the eye contact made the heart leap for glee. I know the joy of it. I am so happy that you had some fun time. Sorry to hear of the weight challenge, meds are so hard. I just got my daughter off of prozac I found some B12 sub lingual helped to calm her.

mommy~dearest said...

New to your blog here- love it so far! My heart melted when Big Brother realized KC's love for him by looking at his pic. I am waiting for that day myself- when my oldest (ASD) realizes that his baby bro does love him, even though he chews on his stuff and swats at him. :)

I am also familiar with the weight gain of Risperdal...not fun. Increased exercise didn't seem to help Jaysen. Wish I had some suggestions for you!