Sunday, May 10, 2009

Summertime is here




It's summertime! We have been swimming just about everyday, it's been very warm here, 104 degrees and will be climbing. Big Brothers cast is off and things are easier now. He can get in and out of the van without dragging the crutches with him.
K.C. likes staying indoors. I literally have to pry his little butt out of the seat to get him to go outside for some sunlight. He loves staying indoors and Adam does too.
We went to a horse ranch yesterday with the boys, they got to brush and feed and ride the horses. K.C. wouldn't ride but tried to brush the horse. Ad Man Adam did ride! He was so tense when he got up on the horse, his shoulders were so stiff. A young guy lead the horse around slowly and eventually I could see Adam's shoulders begin to drop. He looked so relaxed compared to how he usually walks and stands, looks like he's always about to explode or fall forward. The rest of the day for Adam was really good. We are taking the boys back on Sat. If I could get K.C. up on the horse it would be awesome. It helps Adam so much I know I will be taking him as much as I can. I did forget my camera, it sat on the kitchen table :(
School is out next week for the boys! That means I am going to be one busy Mama. Adam will be going to Summer camp for a week and Big Brother will be going to San Fran to stay 2 weeks with his Daddy. It's just going to be K.C. and I. I am planning activities for us to do while the boys are away. I can't wait to spend the extra time with K.C. but will miss Adam and Big Brother very much. Adam has went to camp every year and I remember my Mom being so excited for Adam and planning his camp trip. We wouldn't miss it for the world.
I am doing o.k. feeling better now that things are adjusting a bit more. We have a routine we follow religiously and as long as there are no big changes things have been going smoothly. K.C. is tolerating change better. Maybe it's his age? I remember the developmental Pediatrician saying, "it gets easier with age." I guess he was right.
Bought the movie Twilight, hope it's good. I am going to watch it tonight. We hope you are all well and thank you for stopping by.

K.C. is wearing C.B.'s Tshirt.

10 comments:

kristi said...

Happy Mother's Day! My kids were out 4 days last week due to the Swine Flu (there were 2 cases in our town). TC just had a major meltdown when he found out he has to go back to school tomorrow.

Ye'he Sh'mey Raba Mevorach said...

Tina, you sound good. Thank G-d! The horses sound wonderful - probably would be good for my kids too, although A is afraid of animals (psychologist says this is 'typical' PDD). I'm looking forward to the photos. Thinking of you often, and so happy to see your post. Wishing Big Brother a speedy and complete recovery!

Casdok said...

Lovely to hear Big Brothers cast is off. Hope he has a good time with his dad. And hope Adams camp goes well. The horse riding sounds great.
Enjoy your time with K.C. im sure the time will just fly!

Angel The Alien said...

Near where I live, they have horse riding programs for kids with special needs, including some particularly for kids with autism. Horse riding is really therapeutic for kids! (Not that I'd know... the last time I got on a horse, it darted off into the bushes and scared the heck out of me!)

GClef1970 said...

Glad to read an update from you! Hope you had a happy Mother's Day because you deserve it. I've been meaning to get Conor up on a horse again. I think he would love hippotherapy. But, of course, who's going to pay for it? :-)

Think of you all the time. xoxo

Niksmom said...

Sounds like things are really smoothing out for you and the boys. So glad! I hope big brother has fun with his dad.

Sending you hugs and good thoughts!

Lora said...

Man oh man, how I wish that we had a place to take Griffin to ride a horse in a special saddle so that he doesn't fall off. Is that what they had where you guys went? Griffin loves horses and I bet that he would relax just like Adam did. I hope that K.C. gets on next time, what a thrill that would be!

Donetta said...

So glad that the days have smoothed. The camp time will be a good rest for you. KC will have a change with it so I hope he adjusts alright.
You know your just amazing girl.
Good to see your still around. I saw you were the other day and was to busy to stop.
God speed to ya!
be blessed~

Peggy Lou Morgan said...

So glad things are better for you and the boys. I have been checking back to see.

Eileen said...

Hope you are enjoying the summer with the boys! Glad to hear things are getting a bit easier and that Big Brother got his cast off.